June 18, 2018, 09:05:32 AM

Author Topic: 105% tests ?  (Read 41 times)

steve_d_power

• View Profile
105% tests ?
« on: June 16, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »
Hello all,

I have been running the 4 day advanced medium load program for the past 19 weeks.
My next comp is a regional comp and falls at the end of august.
When I started the program my maxes were 265kg Sq (584lbs) , 206kg Bench (455lbs) (missed 212kgs/468lbs on my last competition , 312.5kg Deadlift (689lbs) weighing about 114kgs (248-252lbs) with about 456 wilks (If anyone would like to view my lifts my IG name is steve_d_power)
I train 4 days a week and have advanced through every workout listed. Most days with no real difficulty, occaisional days with difficulty, but never anything remotely close to failure.

We are approaching the time in the program where in 2 weeks I am to take 105% of my old maxes ...which would be 615lb sq , 480lb bench , 725lb deadlift , 1819lb/827kg total. Such a projected total would be putting be me approximately as the 3rd best lifter in my country in that weight class based on last national's results.
Not bad for someone who has competed twice. (Once locally and once regionally)

I have read in this forum that it is crucial to take these attempts.
My coach (who is versed in the sheiko programs) showed some concern as we historically have never taken anything near 100% much less 105% in training without a peak or deload. ( I did notice volume has been reduced the week prior)

My questions: 
-are we to take 105% no matter what or is there room for the attempt selection 102.5 etc.?
-what happens if I miss the attempt , do I try a lower attempt or keep the training max the same in the sheiko app?
-I have observed that for an advanced athlete such drastic improvements are rare, is this case ? or are there others on this forum with similar starting maxes and body weights who have made such improvements?
- most of the responses I have observed in relation to progress posts on this forum are from much smaller lifters or lifters with much lower numbers/totals and wilks'

I have faith in the program , 80-85%% benches , squats and deadlifts feel absolutely effortless now with perfect technique, sometimes way too light ! For that I really want to thank Shieko and everyone on this forum for clarifying the programming for me.

Thank you all again in advance,
Steve
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:52:01 PM by steve_d_power »

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 105% tests ?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 10:43:41 AM »
Hello all,

I have been running the 4 day advanced medium load program for the past 19 weeks.
My next comp is a regional comp and falls at the end of august.
When I started the program my maxes were 265kg Sq (584lbs) , 206kg Bench (455lbs) (missed 212kgs/468lbs on my last competition , 312.5kg Deadlift (689lbs) weighing about 114kgs (248-252lbs) with about 456 wilks (If anyone would like to view my lifts my IG name is steve_d_power)
I train 4 days a week and have advanced through every workout listed. Most days with no real difficulty, occaisional days with difficulty, but never anything remotely close to failure.

We are approaching the time in the program where in 2 weeks I am to take 105% of my old maxes ...which would be 615lb sq , 480lb bench , 725lb deadlift , 1819lb/827kg total. Such a projected total would be putting be me approximately as the 3rd best lifter in my country in that weight class based on last national's results.
Not bad for someone who has competed twice. (Once locally and once regionally)

I have read in this forum that it is crucial to take these attempts.
My coach (who is versed in the sheiko programs) showed some concern as we historically have never taken anything near 100% much less 105% in training without a peak or deload. ( I did notice volume has been reduced the week prior)

My questions: 
-are we to take 105% no matter what or is there room for the attempt selection 102.5 etc.?
-what happens if I miss the attempt , do I try a lower attempt or keep the training max the same in the sheiko app?
-I have observed that for an advanced athlete such drastic improvements are rare, is this case ? or are there others on this forum with similar starting maxes and body weights who have made such improvements?
- most of the responses I have observed in relation to progress posts on this forum are from much smaller lifters or lifters with much lower numbers/totals and wilks'

I have faith in the program , 80-85%% benches , squats and deadlifts feel absolutely effortless now with perfect technique, sometimes way too light ! For that I really want to thank Shieko and everyone on this forum for clarifying the programming for me.

Thank you all again in advance,
Steve

- Regarding the 102.5 %, you might want to read this:
http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=1011.msg6055#msg6055

Of course there is room for 102.5 %.

- With the second question, you would stop unless you have strong reason to believe you would manage it in the next attempt. but if you miss 3rd attempt only, I would just stop and analyse why you failed your attempt? Were you too greedy? Techniqical? etc.

"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."