November 23, 2017, 08:24:21 AM

Author Topic: Help With Bench only program  (Read 12058 times)

RuneGlud

• View Profile
Re: Help With Bench only program
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 11:21:39 PM »
2 cents from here:
I'm starting this program today and have run it in the past as well.
I have it all in a spreadsheet, and in there the 2x6 are correct but the exercise are wrong. It's supposed to be Pin presses, at leat according to my source of the program. it also makes more sense as trhe pinpress are included ever other day ni the program.

You cannot be categorized as either a novice, beginner or intermediate lifter  8) - you should be around CMS level with that bench (from memory). 

The pin-press sounds right - can you name your source?

I can tell that intend to post 2 bench only programs in the 'CMS, MS, MSIC Program Archive' hopefully soon - one of them being this program.
Yes, I think I'm around CMS-level.

Anyway, imo one should only do the pin-press (or any other assistance-work), if it targets an indentifired weak area. Personally I will swap the pin-press for spoto-press in my first 4 week block - makes more sense for me, since I'm working on my raw bench with the classic weak area in the firswt half of the movement.

I got the program from an Australian guy 7 years ago, via email as a word document and put it into excel. Unfortunately I no longer have the original wordfile, so I can't help with the origin.
I do have the name of the guy that send it to me, but I will not put his name here without him knowing. PM if needed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:37:50 PM by RuneGlud »

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help With Bench only program
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 11:29:27 PM »
2 cents from here:
I'm starting this program today and have run it in the past as well.
I have it all in a spreadsheet, and in there the 2x6 are correct but the exercise are wrong. It's supposed to be Pin presses, at leat according to my source of the program. it also makes more sense as trhe pinpress are included ever other day ni the program.

You cannot be categorized as either a novice, beginner or intermediate lifter  8) - you should be around CMS level with that bench (from memory). 

The pin-press sounds right - can you name your source?

I can tell that intend to post 2 bench only programs in the 'CMS, MS, MSIC Program Archive' hopefully soon - one of them being this program.

Yes, I think I'm around CMS-level.

Anyway, imo one should only do the pin-press (or any other assistance-work), if it targets an indentifired weak area. Personally I will swap the pin-press for spoto-press in my first 4 week block - makes more sense for me, since I'm working on my raw bench with the classic weak area in the firswt half of the movement.

I got the program from an Australian guy 7 years ago, i can via email as a word document and put it into excel. Unfortunately I no longer have the original wordfile, so I can't help with the origin.
I do have the name of the guy that send it to me, but I will not put his name here without him knowing. PM if needed.

I have done so myself the couple of times I've done the program and you're completely right about targeting weak areas.  I sent you a PM.

Edit: Btw you are a CMS lifter according to the Ukrainian raw charts (http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=3.0  )
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:55:45 PM by RussianBear »
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."