November 23, 2017, 08:14:12 AM

Author Topic: Post injury and deadlift stance change questions  (Read 176 times)

Tself74

• View Profile
Post injury and deadlift stance change questions
« on: September 29, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »
So essentially I've been battling a hip/glute injury since November, and can't lockout the squat or the deadlift without significant pain. I got an MRI and am getting scope on the glute med (Avulsion from the greater trochanter) and my labrum. I was a sumo puller the last three years, but conventional before that and would like to move back after rehab due to feeling far stronger in that position with the same relative percentage of each 1RM. Would it be smarter to do three day almost linearly after I am cleared to lift? Or just continue with Physical Therapy until I am cleared then find a conservative (RPE 8) Conventional pull and Lowbar squat and run the MSIC? Any help is greatly appreciated!

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Post injury and deadlift stance change questions
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
So essentially I've been battling a hip/glute injury since November, and can't lockout the squat or the deadlift without significant pain. I got an MRI and am getting scope on the glute med (Avulsion from the greater trochanter) and my labrum. I was a sumo puller the last three years, but conventional before that and would like to move back after rehab due to feeling far stronger in that position with the same relative percentage of each 1RM. Would it be smarter to do three day almost linearly after I am cleared to lift? Or just continue with Physical Therapy until I am cleared then find a conservative (RPE 8) Conventional pull and Lowbar squat and run the MSIC? Any help is greatly appreciated!

would you be able to increase your max on an weekly (or almost weekly) basis?
Yes, then do some linear progression (sheiko also have templates on it, see here http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=270.0. These can also be used by strong athletes that are coming back from injury)
No, do the sheiko templates. 3 or 4 day variations.

I am in favor of a conservative approach since your injury have spanned over so long period and you need to build up your strength. If you choose to do the sheiko, do it slowly, so you don't risk getting injuried again. I would strong recommend against that you to do the MSIC programme - especially after a injury.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."