December 11, 2017, 08:42:03 AM

Author Topic: Deadlift: Pause at knees and pause above the knees  (Read 428 times)

picc

• View Profile
Deadlift: Pause at knees and pause above the knees
« on: September 26, 2017, 06:17:40 PM »
Hi.

I researched this a bit but I'm still a bit confused, just want to make sure I got this right.

Pause at knees means you lift until knee level, and then comeback, with no lockout. And pause above the knees means you pause above the knees, but still lock out. Is this correct?

Thanks.

picc

• View Profile
Re: Deadlift: Pause at knees and pause above the knees
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:28:03 PM »
Also another question: is it possible to change the estimation of variation lifts? E.g. it estimates how much I can do X variation based on my competition lift. Sometimes it's massively off and it would be neat to be able to give a specific max for it or a % of the comp lift.

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:34:07 PM »
Search no further:

http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=67.msg411;topicseen#msg411

A. Deadlift with pause at knee:
1. Move the barbell up to the knee
2. Pause at knee
3. Complete pull, lock out, put down.

B. Deadlift (up to knees):
1. Move the barbell up to the knee
2. Pause at knee
3. Put back down

Sometimes you would get variations where the pause is not at knee but rather above or below. As you can see lift "A" is full range of motion lift whereas lift "B" is a partial.

edit:
Also another question: is it possible to change the estimation of variation lifts? E.g. it estimates how much I can do X variation based on my competition lift. Sometimes it's massively off and it would be neat to be able to give a specific max for it or a % of the comp lift.

just adjust the % until it fits you but be careful. An example can be block pulls. Some lifters are able to pull way more than their max from blocks while other struggle to do so.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 06:36:38 PM by RussianBear »
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

Lain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 06:36:32 PM »
About deadlift and knees there are following variations :)

Deadlift with pause at knees - Full deadlift with 1 sec pause at the knees' level

Dedlift with pause above the knees - Full deadlift with 1 sec pause 5 cm above the knees 

Dedlift with pause below the knees - Full deadlift with 1 sec pause 5 cm below the knees 

Deadlift to the knees - lift until knees' level and then comeback, not full deadlift

"Slavs' genes very stronk. Very stronk!"

picc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »
I see, thank you.

just adjust the % until it fits you but be careful. An example can be block pulls. Some lifters are able to pull way more than their max from blocks while other struggle to do so.

Where can you change the variation %?

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »
I see, thank you.

are you using the app or?
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

picc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
I see, thank you.

are you using the app or?

Yes using the app.