November 23, 2017, 08:11:44 AM

Author Topic: Adopting the 20-week Advanced Medium Load for a meet in 24 weeks  (Read 291 times)

Josipbroz

• View Profile
Adopting the 20-week Advanced Medium Load for a meet in 24 weeks
« on: September 04, 2017, 01:13:05 AM »
Hi everyone,

As the topic implies I've registered for a meet that will take place in exactly 24 weeks as of Sunday, September 3rd. The meet will take place on Sunday, February 18th, giving me exactly 24 weeks to prepare.

I have already begin my training using the Advanced Medium Load last month, and I've just finished the 4 week Prep Cycle 1. My question is, how do I expand the 20-week AML to fit my 24-week window.

One suggestion that was made for me was to run Cycle 3 (a 5 week cycle in which I'd skip the week 2 skill test week), then run the entirety of AML as programmed: Cycles 1,2,3, and comp prep. Doing the Prep 3 (without week 2) and the subsequent 4 training blocks of AML would net me exactly 24 weeks of training. The final picture would look something like this (keep in mind I've just completed Prep 1):

Prep 1 > Prep 3 (without skilltest week) > Prep 1 > Prep 2 > Prep 3 > Comp Cycle:: 24 Weeks Total

Looking forward to your thoughts, and I'm certainly open to other ideas on how to best schedule my training. Thanks you.