November 23, 2017, 08:23:10 AM

Author Topic: Small vs Medium vs Large Loads  (Read 952 times)

Bellers

• View Profile
Small vs Medium vs Large Loads
« on: June 02, 2017, 08:21:14 PM »
Hello,

Before I began Sheiko, my overall volume was pretty low compared to these programs. So, I am still getting worked using the Advanced Small Load. When I tried to jump into the Medium Load, it did not go so well. I read somewhere that the smaller loads are for bigger lifters, while the larger loads do well with the smaller lifters. Is this true? What do you consider a larger lifter? I'm in the 242 class and less than 50 lbs away from Master of Sport.

Thanks for the help

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Small vs Medium vs Large Loads
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:57:49 PM »
Hello,

Before I began Sheiko, my overall volume was pretty low compared to these programs. So, I am still getting worked using the Advanced Small Load. When I tried to jump into the Medium Load, it did not go so well. I read somewhere that the smaller loads are for bigger lifters, while the larger loads do well with the smaller lifters. Is this true? What do you consider a larger lifter? I'm in the 242 class and less than 50 lbs away from Master of Sport.

Thanks for the help

Yes, everything equal, heavier guys tolerate less volume.

See bullet-pount 4:
http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=311.0
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

Bellers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 10:46:03 PM »
Thank you so much!

Bellers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:47:39 PM »
What are your thoughts on eventually running 1-2 small load prep cycles and moving into medium loads 8 weeks out from a meet? I may wait a while to do that. After the meet, I would drop back down to small loads.

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
I would stick with the small load until my progress would be stalling then I would add volume.
I personally wouldn't add more volume just before (8 weeks out) comp. because that phase would be characterized by higher intensity and less volume than the prior weeks.
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

Bellers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 11:52:45 PM »
Sounds good. Thanks.