April 12, 2021, 01:53:36 AM

Author Topic: App updates?  (Read 1772 times)

Salama

• View Profile
App updates?
« on: August 07, 2017, 09:38:32 PM »
I don't mean to be rude but when are the apps (both android and iOS) going to be updated? In February we were told "things should move quickly", in April "won't be long now", June it was almost there, then radio silence. Now it's mid-August and no news since June. The Strongur app is getting regular updates and feature improvements while the Sheiko app seems completely abandoned.

I'm not in a rush or anything, just mostly curious, but I would really appreciate if there would be more details about the delays instead of keeping users in the dark.

Robert Frederick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: App updates?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 04:18:11 PM »
Android is currently being handled by someone else. There was a problem with the original author and the guys left picking up the pieces for him kind of got screwed. The new guys are cool and will put up the update as soon as they can.

For iOS, Boris is pretty conservative. He's got a system that isn't broken and you know the saying "If it's not broken, don't fix it." A lot of the updates in Strongur are things he's never seen before so he's a bit cautious about attaching his name to them and I totally respect that. With Strongur, I can do whatever I want. But I think I can give him some persuasive evidence that these are valuable additions.

At the same time, the system in place in the current app version works and people are familiar with that. I've learned a few lessons about trying to push new stuff on people when what they've got has been working for them.

But don't worry. I'm excited about bringing some new stuff to the Sheiko app. It's happening 100%.

Salama

• View Profile
Re: App updates?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »
I see, this does clear things up  ;D

Thanks, Robert!