December 18, 2018, 09:16:30 PM

Author Topic: 4 Day Program  (Read 297667 times)

trandenny

• View Profile
Re: 4 Day Program
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2017, 08:32:13 AM »
For the 4 day programs in the app. Should I run the prep cycles over and over and skip the comp cycle if I'm not competing? Or should I still run the comp cycle

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 09, 2017, 10:31:01 AM »
This topic have been answered before.

Very short: No you should not skip the fase. It gives possibility to update maxes (if not done in prep) and offers deload from all the volume.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:41:52 PM by RussianBear »
"For one to press a lot, one must press a lot, comrade."

RuneGlud

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 09, 2017, 10:59:40 AM »

Very short: No you should skip the fase. It gives possibility to update maxes (if not done in prep) and offers deload from all the volume.
I'm pretty sure you missed at "not".

You should NOT skip the comp-phase. Or at least you should do some deloading from time to time.

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »

Very short: No you should skip the fase. It gives possibility to update maxes (if not done in prep) and offers deload from all the volume.
I'm pretty sure you missed at "not".

You should NOT skip the comp-phase. Or at least you should do some deloading from time to time.

Thanks for making me aware! I have edited my post :)

Miranda1980

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2018, 12:15:21 PM »
I only got 14-15 weeks untill the Dutch RAW Championships after my vacation. Too bad, cause this looks like a lot of fun. I'll guess I will give it a go after the Championships. I have to move up from the -83 to the -93 kilo bw during that period, so 2 evaluations seems like a great thing in that case (since the weights will also move up due to the added bw).

Because of having only 16 weeks, I started with Prep Cycle 2.

Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 02, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »
Bought the app looking for the 4-day programs. It constantly crashes for me, I can't do anything with it. Are there spreadsheets out there that have been updated and are equivalent to the programs in the app? I'd be happy to pay for them.

RussianBear

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 04, 2018, 01:43:03 PM »
Bought the app looking for the 4-day programs. It constantly crashes for me, I can't do anything with it. Are there spreadsheets out there that have been updated and are equivalent to the programs in the app? I'd be happy to pay for them.

Try writing in the app section and perhaps the developers will see it.

Avnarcisi

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 05, 2018, 09:34:54 PM »

I have a spreadsheet, shoot me an email at avnarcisi@gmail.com or leave your email and I'll send you it.

You using Android? I haven't had any issues with the app

Avnarcisi

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 12, 2018, 06:11:18 PM »
Just completed week 3 of the Prep 2 block of AML - Those 1 + 1/2 (x2) deadlifts were brutal, I would say the hardest deadlift day I  have had by far. I am still sore today lol - Anyone else have the same experience with these?

Bavariansquat

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 22, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
Hey guys,

i have a few questions. Why does the Medium Load Advaned contain Benchpress variations and the Large load doesnt? And Sheiko says that juniors can handle more Volume. Does that also mean they should do more ? 
What if a Load is bringing results, but you don’t feel like its taxing and exhausting enough?

Thanks  :-*

Justincredible_Squats

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 31, 2018, 06:51:15 PM »
Hi Bavariansquat, I’m not a representative for the site or anything, but I have followed Sheiko programming for a while.  Mike Isrealtel has put out some great resources including the book, “Scientific principles of strength training,” in which he does an excellent job discussing minimum effective dose, maximum adaptable volume, and maximum recoverable volume. I think that context is the best way to answer your question. If you are getting results, great, you are likely somewhere in the MAV range. If you are able to increase the amount of work you’re doing (by choosing a larger load) without exceeding your maximum recoverable volume then you’ll probably get better results, so that even better.

One cautionary thing you might consider though is that if you’re currently in prep cycle 1 of the medium load, each cycle is going to progressively add more and more work until you get to the competition cycle. In the competition cycle it’s going to reduce the work by quite a bit so that you reduce fatigue and can produce your best efforts on the platform. That competition cycle also allows you to increase your sensativity to volume when you go back to normal prep cycles. So if you’re early in the prep cycles it might be premature to attempt jumping to a larger load version. I would probably finish the current full cycle (prep cycle 1, 2, 3, comp) first to be conservative and see how you handle the entire cycle. 

Justincredible_Squats

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 31, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »
The downside of jumping to a larger load would be if you do start exceeding your maximum recoverable volume. Then people walk away from Sheiko programs saying that it didn’t work, or that people have to be on drugs for those programs to work. When the reality was that they just jumped to a volume that they weren’t able to handle at that time. You may handle it really well,  it just understand it’s cumulstive. You don’t get fatigued from one workout. You develop fatigue from cycle to cycle.

I know that doesn’t tell you to do “this” or “that,” but t hopefully it helps you make informed decisions about how you use Sheiko programs. Use them for good, not evil.